188 Valley Street, Providence, RI 02909
Are you highly creative and have at least 5+ years of creative team experience? Do you have passion and vision? Can you oversee a team of Graphic Designers and also be able to wow the client? Are you able to laugh at yourself on those days when you spill your coffee or you miss your exit? If you answered "yes" to these questions, then please read on!
Our next Art Director will have an outstanding portfolio, a proven track record in a similar environment, a strong focus in brand design, experience working with large brands, and produce fabulous, creative work that delivers on clients’ goals. Ultimately reporting to the Creative Director, you’ll oversee multiple projects, generate the overall design, and direct others who develop artwork and layouts. This is a great role for someone who is not only highly creative, but also an out-of-the-box thinker with a passion for problem solving. In collaboration with a design-savvy team, you’ll translate marketing and branding strategies into innovative and impressive creative work. You also need to be fun to work with and a good communicator because you’ll lead an internal creative team as well as freelancers on a number of simultaneous projects.
- Generate outstanding ideas and concepts in collaboration with design team
- Produce sketches, storyboards, roughs to visualize ideas
- Understand marketing initiatives, strategic positioning and target audience
- Communicate with entire staff for complete picture of design needs
- Ability to take your work from concept to final execution within deadlines
- Oversee & Direct Photography and Retouching
- Manage and delegate responsibilities to other designers and provide directions
- Present completed ideas to clients/team members
- Stay on top of all trends and maintain best practices
- Manage needs with outside vendors, ensuring vision is achieved on time and on budget.
- Meet regularly with Creative Director to update status of jobs to align on vision and objectives.
- A strong portfolio of work that demonstrates strengths in brand design, print and collateral, integrated campaign development, packaging design, product design
- At least 5+ years’ proven work experience as an Art Director or Senior Designer
- Previous experience managing other team members
- Previous experience managing vendors and outside contractors
- Healthy mix of experience in different types of brands (entertainment, corporate, startup)
- Technically skilled and proficient with a wide range of design software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Office…)
- Strong aesthetic skills regardless of medium
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with a team
- BA or BFA in Design
Please include resume & link to portfolio. Applications without portfolio will not be considered.
Go to all jobs